We are go for launch! I will be participating in the first all-female crew on a Mars simulation at HI-SEAS habitat.
In January 2020, myself and 5 women will embark on a Mars simulation at the renowned Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (HI-SEAS) habitat on the Big Island of Hawai’i. There is an imperative to include women in the design and implementation of interplanetary travel, which requires addressing their unique biological and psychosocial needs within the context of the contained space environment. This high-impact mission places women squarely at the center of a shared vision for the future of space exploration.
The crew will spend two weeks in isolation at 8,200 feet (2,500m) above sea level in the Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (HI-SEAS) habitat set on the slopes of Mauna Loa, an active shield volcano and the largest subaerial volcano in the world. The habitat is designed to be a high-fidelity analog of the expected conditions on Mars and provides a location to experiment and test our ability to thrive as a crew in a contained environment.
The research being conducted in this mission support a centralized theme of crew cohesion. Examples of these studies include critical self-reflection exercises, space food and crew bonding, space architecture and interior design, space farming and agriculture, drone-supported rescue tests, microbial analysis of habitat and crew, lava tube studies, biometric data analysis, reproductive health considerations, artistic exploration projects and more.
We Need Your Support
With the mission quickly approaching, we are reaching out to our community for support in making this mission a success. You can help in several ways:
- Donations – If you wish to help with a financial contribution, we are taking donations through paypal. Thank you in advance!
- Martian Circle (Donations above $500): You will be listed as a Martian Circle supporter on our website, we will send you a personalized video message from the crew during our mission and a mission patch with a signed certificate.
- Lunar Circle (Donations above $100): We will add your name to our list of Lunar Circle supporters as well as our limited-edition gilded SENSORIA mission patch with a certificate signed by the crew.
- Launch Circle (Donations above $20): We will add your name to our list of Launch Circle supporters, and will thank you for your support by sending you a specially-designed postcard, signed by the crew.
- Sponsorship – We are also looking for sponsoring organizations interested in financial donations and/or in-kind contributions. Please reach out to discuss collaborations.
- Press or Publication Inquiries – We would love to share our mission and research with the community and look forward to speaking with you directly.
Please send all inquiries to hello [@] sensoria . space. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.